In September, 1943, in accordance with the Decree of the State Defense Committee, were created a manager training courses for enterprises People's Commissariat of Communications USSR.
In December, 1977, in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Communications USSR on the basis of the training courses was established Advanced Training Telecommunications Institute (ATTI) for executives and professionals.
Over the years, ATTI has become a major center of training and retraining of executives and specialists in all general areas of telecommunications, management, marketing, economics, accounting, information technologies.
Every year in ATTI more than two thousand specialists from all regions of Russia, CIS and Baltic countries taking part in training and retraining courses.
Development of training courses is conducted in accordance with the latest achievements of science and technology.
ATTI has a modern technical base: over 2000 sq. m for classrooms and laboratories, a hostel with single and double rooms for 200 people total, with all the conveniences.
In ATTI operates a telecommunication network which includes switching station SI 2000, "Kvant-E", "Omega", NEAX, ELKOS, equipment SDH (STM-4, STM-16) produced by ECI and NEC, PDH, relay stations, radio access equipment ("last mile"), modern measuring equipment.
The educational process is made up of lectures and practice classes with telecommunication equipment and software, business and innovative games, as well as psychological personality tests, which in the future will increase the efficiency of the leaders in the development and management decisions.
Classes are conducted by leading professors and associate professors MTUCI, heads of the Ministry of Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation, leading communications companies and research institutes.
ATTI is actively cooperating with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the Regional Commonwealth in the field of Communications (RCC). In cooperation with these international organizations have been held dozens of seminars, which were attended by experts from 35 countries.
At the request of enterprises ATTI is able to organize seminars in educational centers of leading telecommunication companies in Germany, Italy, Canada, USA, France.
Nowadays, ATTI consists of
- Organization of management in communication
- Organization of technical operation of networks for television and radio broadcasting
- Organization and management of postal services
Faculty of Advanced Learning and Retraining for teachers and specialists
- Moscow Business & Telecommunications Training Centre - MBTTC, established in 1994 under the TACIS program of the Commission of the European Union.
- Researching and Consulting Center for Metrology, Standardization and Certification, is accredited by the State Standard of the Russian Federation as a training unit in the field of standardization, metrology and certification.
- Training and Consulting Center of Foreign Languages
- Training and Consulting Center at the Department of ECI "Infocommunication", created in partnership with the company "ECI Telecom".
- Training and Consulting Center NEC and EZAN designed to study the transmission systems, manufactured by NEC (Japan) and the Experimental Factory of Scientific Engineering and special Design Department of Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Educational and Consulting Center at the North Caucasian branch MTUCI.
- Educational and Scientific Center "Quality management system" (Founders: MTUCI and the International Institute of Business Quality).
In 2008, ATTI MTUCI was awarded with the Order "For Service to Russia" 2nd degree for his great contribution to the development of information security and due to its 30th founding anniversary.
17th of March 2008, commendation for great contribution to the development of information security and due to 30th founding anniversary, ATTI MTUCI was awarded by the World Academy of Sciences for Complex Security.